Tuesday, December 7, 2010

this medicine doesn't taste Good..

that was Elisa's response to having to give her the antibiotics the Doctor prescribed. She proceeds to tell me that the pharmacists must have made a mistake, because she knows the doctor wanted her to have the medicine that taste like bubble gum, and this medicine doesn't taste good. Then she tells me I need to call the doctor so that he can call the pharmacist to get her the bubble gum one. LOL is really all I could do, but then that sentence stayed with me through out the next few days "This medicine doesn't taste good" I started to hear it differently and I began to analyze it. I thought wow, from the mouth of babes. Recently I have felt as though the emotional journey that I was going through was just too much. I even said last week, as I was driving back home with Chris through tears Lord I know that You only give what I can handle, well it's 25 yrs and I can't handle it no more. So You need to do something, because I am losing it. Chris is getting even more rebellious, but then Elisa's sentence came to my mind. "This medicine doesn't taste Good" and I thought God are you talking to me through my child, what are You trying to tell me? I don't understand, help me. At first I thought Spiritual Healing, so I look through the Bible and the verses I found didn't relate to what I thought God was trying to tell me, but today I found it. All I could do was jump up and down because I found through His word what he was telling me. "1 Peter 5:10 And the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ after you have suffered for a little while, will Himself restore you  and make you strong, firm and steadfast".  You see in life we will suffer, go through trials and tribulations and I am human I question why now? and I realized it's because the medicine that I want, that I am seeking is a quick healing one, I too want the bubble gum flavor, but God has to restore me and make me strong so therefore it may not taste good at the moment. It's a process like the clay in the potters hand, he has to mold me, make me stronger so that I can stand firm in what He has for me. You see I have been seeking Him more, really taking strength from the word my Medicine and though sometimes the healing process takes a little longer He reminds me that He is Jehovah Rapha meaning "the Lord our Healer". In Acts 3:16 by faith in the name of Jesus, this man who you see and know was made strong, it is in Jesus name and the faith that comes through Him that has given this complete healing to him as you can see" So if you are maybe feeling a little sick, or have a long lasting illness tell God you need some medicine, you need healing. You want to be stronger, you want to be able to stand firm and you want to be healed. Maybe your medicine is like Elisa's right now and it doesn't taste good, but the purpose of that medicine is to bring healing to your ailment, your illness. thanks for reading and know that the scrapper in me will soon be creating a layout of Elisa covering her mouth cause this medicine doesn't taste good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

((Bawling my eyes out))
So true! The most wonderful part about this whole story is you realizing YOUR A STRONG CHRISTIAN WOMAN and even though (at times) you may feel lost and weak you also know that God is with you :-)


I LOVE YOU! your lil sis Millie :-*

Isaiah 41:10 Don't you be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

{{{{big hugs}}}} dolores!! This is soooooooooo touching and beautiful!! WOW!!! That photo is precious too! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Nicole Brenna said...

You are so right... There are times I cry for the bubble gum flavor but I have to continue on without... other times by his grace he does give me the bubble gum flavor. All I did was ask... He knows the best for me.