Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I am the true vine....


and my Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. John 15:1-3
The message this past Sunday at our church was John 15:5-8 I am the vine your are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.
As he read the verse I was drawn to verse 1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. Wow think about this for a moment, can it be, can I be part of that branch. YES I can. I want to be able to grow and bear fruit, but there are times when I feel withered, broken down. I realized in reading this that the Lord wants us to grow, He has given us living water. If you read verse 2 it says that if every branch in Him does not bear fruit that he takes away. Since He is the gardener he removes those withered, broken branches. I know that I need to allow God to remove the withered branches in my life, he wants me to blossom. Verse 3 says that I am already clean because of the word that He has spoken.
As the Pastor reminded us on Sunday that the seed will grow regardless of what you put before it. This takes me back a little to when I{the backslidder} stopped going to church, a part of me didn't want to fellowship, didn't want to be a part of the branch but that seed was planted in me and never left me. God even then in my darkest moments wanted me to seek and be part of the living water, it took some time. He did a little weeding, and removed the brokenness, the burnt edges. The edges that were getting dark so that I can grow. He gets to the root of the problem, but we need to be remain in Him. Where are your roots? your roots are vital to your growth in God. Remember the the seed will grow regardless of what you put before it.

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooo beautiful!! I loveeeeee the colors!!

glorygirl said...

What an amazing canvas! Love it aesthetically and the message behind it!